Sunday, July 13, 2008

How the Mass went.

Well, for one, there was a big mistake in the program. It was NOT a missa cantata. I was hoping to sing things at a sung mass, only to find out that it was better-It was a solemn high mass! Th vestments were beautiful, cloth of gold embroidered with needle point images of saints, the trinity, etc. I expected to take some pictures, so I got a good seat in the middle, ad made my place. Only, I couldn't get a good view. Why? Because the place was packed! The pews were full, the temporary folding chairs were full, the aisles were full, the doorways were full. It became standing room only for latecomers.The music was okay, but it seems that the best parts were the responses and the ordinary. I don't really like accompanied chant, and the chants (Especially the credo and introit.) Seemed to have been sung a bit too quickly for my tastes. The communion motets were great though. I also saw some people from my own parish, including two young siblings who usually serve mass at Lourdes. They were torchbearers. The whole experience was truly uplifting, and I can only regret that there are those who wish to keep such experiences as rare as possible.
All in all, If I could do it again, I would love to. If I could do it every sunday,I would do almost anything for such a privilege.
Sorry, High mass beats a low mass for me. I guess I'm just one of those people that like high mass.

No comments: