Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Fifth and Tenth of the month.

I don't know how long I'll be able to keep this up,(With school and the house Prayer schedule) but on the fifth and tenth of the month, I say the office of the dead and attend mass for the intention of the blessed repose of my father's soul. Those dates were the day of his death and the day of his burial. It's been nearly two months now, and honestly, I think I only feel a little better than then. It's gotten so that, while I used to do a little prayer and meditation before bed, and make mention of my father's soul, I can't do that anymore. I get distracted, and start thinking of him. So much so, that anything other than vocal prayer ends up not working out. People have told me that I should try to take my mind off of it all, but that's impossible. And were it even possible, I wouldn't like to do so.

It'll take time, I'm sure, and it has only been two months, come Sunday. Until that time, whenever it comes, I'll just keep him before God and pray for his purification to end soon.

Pie Iesu, Domine, Dona eis requiem.

No comments: