Thursday, December 4, 2008

Chant: Second Sunday of Advent.

So far, I've learned some stuff to sing this coming Sunday, If I can find someone to serve in my place.

For the mass setting, mass XVII, our usual Advent/Lent mass setting, and the introit, Popule Sion.
For the alleluia, I used the triple alleluia given in the Simple Gradual, with the verse sung to the Tonus Sextus. The Offertory, Deus Tu convertens, and for communion, the antiphon Benedixisti from the Simple Gradual with the verses of psalm 84(85) chanted to the psalm tone given. If I can get it done in time, I'll try to learn the communion antiphon from the Roman Gradual, Ierusalem surge as well, since it takes a while to distribute communion, and the psalm is'nt going to be long enough. Lucky for me, these are the easy chants. Christmas is going to be harder.

No comments: