Thursday, June 30, 2011

And now,

Franz Schubert.

This taught me not to trust teh internetz. The way people talk about the church in France, you'd think that every church except the SSPX is having horrible terrible modern music and liturgy at mass, with the exception of maybe the organists of St. Sulpice and Notre Dame de Paris, where they HAVE to keep that going. But Notre Dame de Paris also has the gorgeous choir and two other fine choirs, including a boychoir, all singing wonderful music such as this, along with chant, various schools of polyphony, and things like This.

So yes, Notre Dame is now on my list of Places I have to go before I die. If not for the choir, at least for something like This.

Oh, and I can't help it, I have to post the Kyrie from the Schubert mass to.

No comments: