Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Coming to terms.

With life. It's not easy. It's really hard knowing that this past year is the last of almost everything. The last Christmas and Thanksgiving I'll ever spend with my family, the last of birthday parties, the last of personal possessions. Within a few months, novitiate will start, and I'll have nothing but God. Everything I own will be gone, and to some extent, family ties will have to loosen a bit.

And this isn't at all easy.

It's not helped by the fact that none of my family is Catholic. Monasteries and friars and seminaries, and habit and novitiate years and the Three Holy Vows, none of these things have any meaning to them. I think I could take it all a bit better if they understood, but they don't and I can't seem to help. I suppose in a sense, It's only harder for me because I know it's hard for them. But it's not in my hands, it's in God's. I'll just do my part and offer as many rosaries for this intention as I can, and hope that come Christmas, it'll all make more sense for them.

No comments: