Monday, July 27, 2009

It makes my head hurt sometimes.

Ow. It does.
I love logic, but it does give me a headache. I was reading Ettienne Gilsons's book on S.Thomas Aquinas, and it's a good read, I highly recommend it. But.... somewheres about his chapter on the Angels, I got lost. I think it has something to do with the fact that I was just trying to read it, and I know that I study better when I'm eating and reading simultaneously. Especially if it's pizza. This'll sound like a joke, but Post Hoc fallacies make me think of ketchup because I learnt them on a pizza Friday where the lady put too much ketchup on my fries.
Going back to my subject, I'm thinking about reading/getting some type of introduction to philosophy book. Preferrably paperback, since I get a free paperback book with any purchase until Wednesday, as long as I use my Borders rewards card. Not that it matters. With Google books, you can find and read just about anything for free. I think once I get a gook book, I'll set some time away once a week for some hard-core study,considering that that's a virtue anyway.
Oh yeah, and since all the cool bloggers are doing it, I think I'll write a post on the Catholic revival.

No comments: