Monday, November 9, 2009

I have good news...

....And I have bad news. And I have a question.

A co-worker of my mother was recently left a house, following the death of her mother. Now, the woman doesn't need the house, and she's willing to just Give the house to my mother. The house is in Wynfield, and apparently is quite nice, and could be ours for a measly $500. That's the good news.

The bad news is that the lady gave the will to my mother to look over. And mom lost it. She lost the will that would give us a new house in a nice neighborhood. We've looked about, tore up the house, taken everything out of it's place, and no sign of it.

So, I have a question: Is it possible for us to get a copy of the will? Note, however, that we don't remember the name of the lawyer who helped to draw up the will.

2 comments:

St. Catherine's Wheel said...

I work with a nurse who was a former lawyer. I will present the situation to her and see if she knows what to do. In the mean time I would recommend praying to the following: Saint Anthony (saint of lost items) and St. Joseph (saint of the home).

St. Catherine's Wheel said...

My co-worker says if it was a legal document, filed in the county the property is in you should be able to get a copy of the will.