Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Another WTH moment.

Yes. Apparently, if you don't support the dismemberment of infants in the womb/ Killing of infants who survive abortions, you are not a True American(tm). (i.e., No true Scotsman Rules!)
Because True Americans always supported the termination of the lives of the innocent.
You know, except when they weren't.
I mean- What?
That has to be THE WORSE attempt at logic I've ever seen. I mean, it's like BOOM-Strawman! BAM!-Hasty generalization BOOM BOOM! More strawmen! Bam! Suppressed evidence! BANG BANG BANG-Non sequitur, non sequitur, non sequitur!
It's almost as bad as when people call it abortion rights. By what definition do we decide that abortion is a right? Is it a constitutional right? I say no. Is it a natural right? Again, I would say not. So what then is it, but manipulative language lousy rhetoric?
Again I will report my party line: Catholicism is a religion of moral and theological absolutes. If you don't like it, you're free to leave.
Don't be corrupting my Church with your heresy.

No comments: