Thursday, March 26, 2009

I hit the Jackpot.

On the way to school this morning, I was saying the office when I got lost at the canticle. I was trying to find my place when I noticed a slightly dirty leather-bound book with gilded pages lying on the side of the street. It looked as if it had been run over by a car or stepped/stomped on. I figured it was a bible, so I'd take it with me to school and bury it when I got home.
In reality, it was a 1934 Daily Roman Missal published by the Regina Press in New York. Most of it is actually in good condition, despite the morning drizzle and the dirt, and crushed pages. Only the proper of saints from December 6 to April 30th was significantly damaged.
The proper of seasons, the divine office and the sections of prayers are undamaged.
So I got myself a free, original, Daily Roman Missal. It's basically the pre-55'/pre-62'version of the Baronius Press Missal
Look at everything inside it! And it was Free! I win! I WIN!

No comments: