Thursday, May 27, 2010

*Sigh*

I should have seen this coming. So, I call to get my selective service number, and the phone-voice tells me that the information is invalid. They transfer me to a live person who tells me that I'm not registered. I distinctly remember signing up for it in school, but they tell me I'm not, and that I can go to the SSS website to sign up for it. So, I do. And the website tells me that my social security number is invalid. Really? The number that I Know is correct? It's wrong? Really? 

So I re-submitted the application, only to be told that I had exceeded the number of applications allowed in a day.

*Sigh* 

1 comment:

Bb said...

Ha! Typical.

These sorts of limitations on websites usually work either by installing a cookie on your computer or by tracking your IP address. Try deleting the cookie for that website and try again. If that still doesn't work, and you don't desperately need to keep the same IP address for other reasons, force a change of IP address (as below) and you should be able to try to register again.

1. Click Start
2. Click run
3. In the run box type cmd.exe and click OK
4. When the command prompt opens type the following, hitting ENTER after each new line.
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
exit

If you're using Vista, you might not automatically get the "run" option in the start menu. There's a simplt setting to change but I forget where it is. Googe should be of help.

M