Friday, March 21, 2008

Tired..can't go on...*Dies*

I'm so tired. I woke up at three A.M. Thursday, said tenebrae, got my clothes ready and did some seasonal changes with the home altar. 6:20 P.M., I went to the church to get ready for the Maundy Thursday Mass/Procession/Stripping of the altars. Then some time in adoration at the altar of repose. Did I mention that I was the thurifer? Did I mention that we used the honking big three-ton brass one? By the time the gospel was being chanted by the priest acting as deacon of the mass, my arm was killing me.Then I had to stand up for the maundy, as they needed my bench for the twelve men (No women.) And I had to carry the bench to and form the altar. Then, at the canon, there were six torchbearers and the blessed sacrament was incensed. Guess who got stuck kneeling on the cold, hard marble floor? Then there was the procession. Luckily, the bothers stripped the altars this year, Deo gracias.
Today I woke up at Five, said tenebrae, go my other clothes, said prime,some devotions, and then terce. Then I got on the computer, and here I am. I still have to go to the altar servers holy hour, the mass of the presanctified, and stations of the cross at St. Charles Borromeo. So far, the triduum has been extremely tiring.

No comments: