Thursday, January 15, 2009

Terce.

V. O God, come unto my assistance.
R.O lord,make haste to help me.
Glory be to the Father.

Hymn:
Be mindful author of our health,
That thou sometime didst take on thee
Of a pure virgin being born,
The form of our humanity.

Mary that mother art of grace,
Of mercy mother also art,
Save and defend us from our foe,
Receive us when we hence depart.

Glory be unto thee O Lord,
That born was of the virgin pure,
With the father and the holy Ghost,
All ages ever to endure. Amen.

Under one antiphon are said:

Ant.
All these were persevering with one mind in prayer with Mary the mother of Jesus.
Psalm 119
In my trouble I cried to the Lord:
and he heard me.
O Lord, deliver my soul from wicked lips,
and a deceitful tongue.
What shall be given to thee, or what shall be added to thee,
to a deceitful tongue.
The sharp arrows of the mighty, with coals that lay waste.
Woe is me, that my sojourning is prolonged!
I have dwelt with the inhabitants of cedar:
My soul hath been long a sojourner.
With them that hate peace I was peaceable:
when I spoke to them they fought against me without cause.

Psalm 120
I have lifted up mine eyes unto the mountains:
from whence help shall come to me.
My help is from the Lord:
which made heaven and earth.
Let him not give thy foot to be moved:
neither let him slumber that keepeth thee.
Lo he shall not slumber:
nor sleep, that keepeth Israel.
The Lord keepeth thee, our Lord is thy protection:
upon thy right hand.
By day the sun shall not burn thee:
nor the moon by night.
The Lord doth keep thee from all evil:
let the Lord keep thy soul.
Let the Lord keep thy coming in, and thy going out:
from henceforth, now and for ever.

Psalm 128
Often have they fought against me from my youth, let Israel now say.
Often have they fought against me from my youth:
but they could not prevail over me.
The wicked have wrought upon my back:
they have lengthened their iniquity.
The Lord who is just will cut the necks of sinners:
Let them all be confounded and turned back that hate Sion.
Let them be as grass on the tops of houses:
which withered before it be plucked up:
Wherewith the mower filleth not his hand:
nor he that gathereth sheaves his bosom.
And they that have passed by have not said:
The blessing of the Lord be upon you:
we have blessed you in the name of the Lord.

Ant. All these were persevering with one mind in prayer with Mary the mother of Jesus.

Chapter:
Zephaniah 2:14, 15.
Give praise, O daughter of Sion: shout, O Israel: be glad, and rejoice with all thy heart, O daughter of Jerusalem. The king of Israel the Lord is in the midst of thee.

V. Yea, blessed are they who hear the word of God
R. And keep it.

Prayer from Lauds.


No comments: