Friday, August 28, 2009

Well, it's certainly true, right.

Left Coast Rebel observes how most conservatives are Old, White, Southern, Republican males who are racists and not too smart. It's true! I mean, look at your scribe, He's, um, well, actually....
Well, I'm male. That part applies.
See! I fit the stereotype!!111!One!!!!!Eleventy-Two!!!!!

On a more serious note, I can't see how insulting your opponents and painting them with a wide brush of generalisations could in any way further intelligent debate. Not that the conduct of angry screaming people in town halls has helped the debate or our image. I think it's needs to be said that honest criticism or not, that kind of conduct is plaiting the rope to hang ourselves with.
Despite that, the Dems have only shown themselves to be what they despise when they applied braod-brush fallacies, simply dismissing their opponents on terms that don't make or break a logical argument whatever. Even if conservatives were bunch of angry, gun toting white rednecks, it does'nt invalidate their claims. I can't accept that anyone got a college education without learning of logical no-noes like personal attacks. So I guess I'll have to come up with another reason.

No comments: