Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Month of May.


It's Our Blessed Lady's month as well as the month of the Blessed Sacrament. I'll try to put  up daily devotions in honour of both and try finish This Thing on the holy Mass and This Thing on the Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

For now though, I'll just reccomend some good reads. First, if you can find a copy, Bishop Challoner's tract on the Sacrifice of the Mass. I picked my copy from S.Clem's, but you might be ale to find a copy somewhere else. Next, The Imitation of Christ Book Four: On the Blessed Sacrament. It teaches you how to prepare for holy communion. Next, the True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin, by S. Louis Marie deMontfort. One of the priests at my parish gave me a copy form the Baronius Press, and I can reccomend the translation.

Lastly, Abbe Durande's explanation of the Ceremonies of the mass. Mine is based mostly off of his.

Wait- one more tidbit of info- I'm trying to restore a little shrine of our lady I got last year. It's a dyptich that opens and on the inside is an image of Our Lady. There was a painting on the inside of the wing but it's been long destroyed. There is damage to the image of Our Lady as well, but the painting on the outside is well.h

No comments: