Monday, January 4, 2010

...Wha now....?


Mr.2 "Bon Clay" is officially the weirdest character I've ever come across in a manga. I mean, he was always weird, what with thinking he was a swan, the makeup, crazy outfit, and the strange affection for pirates. Now, I'm reading One Piece 530 in this month's issue of Shonen Jump and I come across the following lines sung by him as Luffy, Mr.3, and Buggy the Clown are racing through Impel Down to get Luffy's older brother, Ace:

"This world is made for men and women..But if you're me, you're both a man and a woman! That's why...I'm the Strongest! The strongest! The strongest! Strongest! The strongest! "(Repeated ad nauseam..)

And If you don't believe me, It's been scanlated here at One Manga. ( The scanlators at One Manga have to use alternate translations and transliterations to get around copyright restrictions, unfortunately, so the dialogue and translations are different)

Oh, but it gets better!

See, we finally find out that Mr.2 like drag queens. In the near-to-last page of chapter 532, Luffy asks him who he's trying to see. He says that it's a man called Iva, the queen of the Kamabakka queendom, and that all the queens of the world look up to him as the World's Greatest Drag Queen.
And if you don't believe That, it's here are One Manga. (An okama is a drag queen. Like I said, the scanlators at One Manga have to use alternate translations and transliterations to get around copyright restrictions, so the dialogue and translations are different.)

I keep forgetting that Shonen Jump is supossed to be a manga collection for children. I think this might be why.

No comments: