Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Looks like I'm going for my license again.

My driver's license.I got my permit two years ago, but I got cold feet the day of the test and didn't go.
My sister is supposed to give me lessons again, which is a good thing or bad thing, depending on your point of view. Good, because we know each other well, and the police will get the right suspect when I mysteriously disappear shortly after wrecking her car. Bad, because she, like everyone else in my family, drives like a typical Philadelphian. No one here follows the traffic laws.They're more like traffic options.Or traffic suggestions. If you want to, you can slow down at the yellow light.Or,you could gun the engine and sidewswipe some lady unloading groceries. If it's okay with you, could you please not turn on the red? Oh? You want to turn on the red? Okay then, but I suggest against it. We'd like if if you did'nt stop on the crosswalk, because, y'know, you make people walk into traffic, but if you've got a good reason, like, you can get all the green lights if you stop there and do 56 on a 45 MPH street, that's okay.

Now, the question is whether I'll be part of the problem while simultaneously complaining about people who do such things. But now I'll have to go through the absolute and utter Hell that is the Philly DMV. I think I've ranted on their incompetence before, right?
Well today, the line went outside and down to the corner. The friggin' corner. It went OUTSIDE. and down the other end of the block TO THE CORNER.

No comments: